Jumping into self care

It’s so easy to look at someone else as the issue and point out how they messed up.  True courage comes with the awareness of looking within ourselves to reveal our character weaknesses.  It’s time I look within.  

Steps to getting myself back to healthy:

I enrolled in therapy with BetterHelp.  They have availability to therapists for a fraction of the cost and you can call or text them outside of meetings.  This is great with my lack of insurance coverage.  

I have a friend going to Alanon with me this Saturday.  I have been thinking I don’t need to attend this and I can heal on my own…but I do.  I love how supported and heard I feel when I leave this group.  

I have a support group of amazing, strong and supportive lady friends at Celebrating recovery that provide support as I learn how to better manage my side of the street.

Sometimes it’s through the most painful moments that we pull ourselves up to the best version of us. 

I regret that I didn’t take these actions all those years ago when Allan so strongly encouraged me to go.  He saw something in me that I didn’t see at the time.  

I’m incorporating journaling, mediation, and prayer into my daily routine.  

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. 

My commitment is to get myself healthy again.  Sometimes we all need a little extra support.  It’s ok to need extra sometimes. 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The gift of tomorrow

Awareness

Confessions